SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SNP base calling shuang Bioinformatics 7 10-24-2011 12:50 PM
Editing fasta , reference base in snp calling samtools moriah Bioinformatics 2 08-10-2011 12:11 AM
base composition and base calling arolfe Illumina/Solexa 2 07-29-2011 08:50 AM
tools for SNP calling in pooled samples gfmgfm Bioinformatics 0 12-30-2010 10:57 AM
SNP calling software in pooled samples mrxcm3 Bioinformatics 3 11-03-2010 10:38 PM

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
shuang

Default SNP base calling for multiple samples

My goal is to find SNPs from multiple Sanger sequences, which cover varied regions, not necessary the same fragments. When a SNP is found, I want to see the base (or hetero/homo-zygote) of any samples which cover that position. What kind of software should I use? I would prefer a command-line software.

I tried to align sequences via bwasw and pileup all via samtools. However, when I pileuped all samples together, the output did NOT clearly distinguish between when a SNP location not covered in a sample and when a sample had hetero in that SNP location. My commands below.

samtools mpileup -uf Sorbil.fasta a1.bam a2.bam a3.bam | bcftools/bcftools view -bvcg - > raw.bcf

bcftools/bcftools view raw.bcf | vcfutils.pl varFilter -D100 > flt.vcf
shuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
swbarnes2

I'm not sure what you mean by "clearly", but you should see a 1/1, 0/1 or 0/0 in each entry. That tells you if the SNP is predicted to be homozygous alternate, heterozygous, or homozygous reference. Unfortunately, what you really want is the DP4 for each sample separately, and doing a multi-vcf with samtools won't do that. You'll need the individual vcf file to see that.
swbarnes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
shuang

In my case, some sequences showed 1/0 for a SNP position, however, some of those sequences did not cover that position.

I want to know whether a SNP base is a polymorphic, or wide type, or uncovered in a given sequence/file.
shuang is offline   Reply With Quote