SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tapestation or Fragment analyzer shay covo Sample Prep / Library Generation 18 11-12-2020 01:20 AM
Agilent TapeStation 2200? ECO Sample Prep / Library Generation 20 02-07-2015 02:58 PM
Problems with Agilent Tapestation R6K Screentapes M.King13 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 10-16-2014 09:06 AM
Which is more reliable - Tapestation or Qubit? ENT Fellow RNA Sequencing 10 10-03-2014 04:27 AM
Free Tapestation Reagents jasonc General 0 05-14-2013 01:52 PM

Old 05-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
DarkStar

Default TapeStation 2200: multiple problems

Dear users,

this is my first post at SEQanswers. I work at a NGS core facility as scientific head, which involves a lot of troubleshooting.

I hope to get some pointers for troubleshooting of our TapeStation. Agilent tried very hard to provide us with answers, but we do not think that any of them helped us locate the real problems and fix them.
We measure mainly DNA samples such as libraries for NGS (HaloPlex, Shotgun) and gDNA from human tissue or blood.

1. Already recognized tapes are rejected after measurement and the data is lost. This occurs up to four times in a row. (Barcodes are intact, the scanner is cleaned, the lid closed to avoid reflections).

2. Single samples are not detected, but are measured normally upon reloading. There are no visible defects like air bubbles in the tapes. (We also excluded buffer composition, sample concentration).

2. The sample cannot be calculated because the marker is not recognized. The marker is clearly visible in the plate due to its color. It even seems to run after the sample, which should not be possible.

In all cases different kinds of tapes are affected (genomic, high sensitivity, 1000bp).

We suspected a software problem, but according to Agilent our software is up to date. Could it be that something else is affecting the software or do you think our problems are a hardware problem?

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Best regards
DarkStar
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdna, library, ngs, tapestation, troubleshooting