Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not pay close attention to your original question (i.e. you are getting the error while running tophat itself and not the actual script). My fault.

Let us start over.

Is caref_ncbiall available in the same directory that you are running tophat from? If not, can you provide the full path to that file when you execute tophat. The same should apply to cp04.fastq and caref_seq.gff. Also make certain that your gff file matches the format specification as noted here: http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/gff.html
    Last edited by GenoMax; 04-30-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi GenoMAx

All the files are in the same directory. I also made sure that the names are same in gff and genome file.

Thank you

Varsha

Comment

Hi

I forgot to mention that the fastq file is also in same directory. The gff file and genome sequences were downloaded from NCBI (NCBI has separate fasta file for each chromosomes and all the unplaced scafolds are in one fasta file. I concatenated these files to make the genome file and renamed it as per the gff file. The same gff file is working with other genome sequence file which does not have unplaced sequences.

Thank you

Varsha

Comment

TopHat is picky about the order of options on the command line. Can you try the following:

Code:
          $ tophat -o cp04_thout5 -p 2 -G caref_seq.gff caref_ncbiall cp04.fastq
          Let me also verify that the basename for your genome index files is "caref_ncbiall", that is there are several files (that comprise of the index) that have that prefix?

Comment

Originally posted by varshacp View Post
            Hi

I forgot to mention that the fastq file is also in same directory. The gff file and genome sequences were downloaded from NCBI (NCBI has separate fasta file for each chromosomes and all the unplaced scafolds are in one fasta file. I concatenated these files to make the genome file and renamed it as per the gff file. The same gff file is working with other genome sequence file which does not have unplaced sequences.

Thank you

Varsha
            Does it mean that you have not created the "index" files for this combined fasta reference file? You will need to index the reference in order to use tophat. You can build the reference index using the directions here: http://tophat.cbcb.umd.edu/tutorial.shtml#ref

Comment

HI GenoMAx

The genome index was created using the same fasta file and is in the same directory

Thankx

Varsha

Comment

Can you post a listing of the files in this directory?

Also see my previous post about the order of options. If the genome index is correctly created then give that command line a try.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                  TopHat is picky about the order of options on the command line. Can you try the following:

Code:
                  $ tophat -o cp04_thout5 -p 2 -G caref_seq.gff caref_ncbiall cp04.fastq
                  Let me also verify that the basename for your genome index files is "caref_ncbiall", that is there are several files (that comprise of the index) that have that prefix?

Hi

The basename is caref_ncbiall for the index files

Comment

Were you able to get tophat working?

Comment

Hi Genomax

The index is also build using the same genome sequence file in the same directory

Comment

Are things working now? Or are you still seeing an error?

Comment

HI GenoMax

I am still getting the same error.

Thank you

Comment

Varsha: Without seeing a listing of the files (related to this error, e.g. caref_ncbiall) in the directory you are running this from there is not much further help I can offer.

Comment

Hi GenoMax

The following is the list of file in the directory from which I am running the tophat command

caref_ncbiall.fa (genome sequence file)
                              caref_ncbiall.1.bt2 (bowtie index files)
                              caref_ncbiall.2.bt2
                              caref_ncbiall.3.bt2
                              caref_ncbiall.4.bt2
                              caref_ncbiall.rev.1.bt2
                              caref_ncbiall.rev.2.bt2
                              cp04.fastq (reads files)
                              caref_seq.gff (genome annotation file)

Thank you

Kind regards

Varsha

Comment

HI

I checked the log file and besides the run.log which I posted earlier I get the following error in the g2f.log file

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
                                what(): basic_string::substr

Help me to understand this

Thank you
                                Varsha

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses