No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GATK-usage-ERROR-Helpreg

Hi Seqanswers community,

I am doing human whole genome sequence analysis, of the data obtained Illumina Hiseq 2000.

This is the pipeline i followed & get errors in using GATK

a) BWA ------> SAM output
    b) samtools ---> sortedindexedbamoutput
    c) picard ------> for readgroup replacement & removing duplicates
    d) GATK ----> for indelrealignment, BQSR, variant calling.

when i give the following command for GATK-indel realignment, i get the error.

U]cd used:-[/U]

java -Xmx30g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK-2.6-5-gba531bd/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T IndelRealigner \ -R INDEX_REF_GENOME_HG19/hg19.fa \ -I WG_PBMC_SAM9_CORDSORT_RMDUP.BAM -targetintervals intervalListFromRTC.intervals \ -o WG_PBMC_SAM9_coordsort_realigned.bam

the errors are :-

##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.6-5-gba531bd):
    ##### ERROR The invalid arguments or inputs must be corrected before the GATK can proceed
    ##### ERROR Please do not post this error to the GATK forum
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR See the documentation (rerun with -h) for this tool to view allowable command-line arguments.
    ##### ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
    ##### ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Argument with name '--targetIntervals' (-targetIntervals) is missing.
    ##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kindly give me solutions, will be very thankful to you.

Please do let me know the proper usage of GATK.

Thanking you all,

Vishnu.

targetintervals intervalListFromRTC.intervals

needs to be:

targetIntervals intervalListFromRTC.intervals

Comment

Hi sheenams,

Thank you very much.

I had tried using targetIntervals, but stil again it throws error as follows

##### ERROR MESSAGE: Couldn't read file Sample_WG-9/RAWFASTQ_CAT_FILES/intervalListFromRTC.intervals because The interval file does not exist.

How should i proceed exactly with GATK .

Guys and all members, i request all to help me using GATK with proper commands for indel realignment, BQSR and variant calling.

Thank you,
      Vishnu.

Comment

Hi Vishnu.. looks like the same error you had on the other thread.. sorry, I thought I'd replied to that but my post didn't register, internet here is quite flaky.

so you tried with relative pathname (i.e. just the file name) and it crashed with

##### ERROR MESSAGE: Couldn't read file Sample_WG-9/RAWFASTQ_CAT_FILES/intervalListFromRTC.intervals because The interval file does not exist.

It's looking in the current working directory for the file and finding it doesn't exist.

And you tried (from other thread) full path

and got

##### ERROR MESSAGE: Couldn't read file /data/odity/Project_Blood-GNPC-464/Sample_WG-9/RAWFASTQ_CAT_FILES/intervalListFromRTC.intervals because The interval file does not exist

so maybe the path is wrong..

what happens when you type

ls /data/odity/Project_Blood-GNPC-464/Sample_WG-9/RAWFASTQ_CAT_FILES/intervalListFromRTC.intervals

at the command line

if it says..

ls: cannot access /data/odity/Project_Blood-GNPC-464/Sample_WG-9/RAWFASTQ_CAT_FILES/intervalListFromRTC.intervals: No such file or directory

then your path is wrong.

And you can find the right one by doing..

/data [HIT TAB KEY]

/data/o [HIT TAB KEY]

/data/odity/P [HIT TAB KEY]

etc.. unix will tab complete the paths for you and you get the path correct.

Comment

Hey whataBamBam,

I had got your responses on other thread too.

Actually, i didnt generate interval file,

My question is how to generate an interval file.

Kindly help me in generating an interval file by giving a proper command usage.

Thank you in tons,
          Vishnu.

Comment

Originally posted by vishnuamaram View Post
            Hey whataBamBam,

I had got your responses on other thread too.

Actually, i didnt generate interval file,

My question is how to generate an interval file.

Kindly help me in generating an interval file by giving a proper command usage.

Thank you in tons,
            Vishnu.
            Did you read my reply to the same question in the other thread? If the RealignerTargetCreator command is itself giving errors, then you should just post those.

Comment

Originally posted by vishnuamaram View Post
              Hi Seqanswers community,

I am doing human whole genome sequence analysis, of the data obtained Illumina Hiseq 2000.

This is the pipeline i followed & get errors in using GATK

a) BWA ------> SAM output
              b) samtools ---> sortedindexedbamoutput
              c) picard ------> for readgroup replacement & removing duplicates
              d) GATK ----> for indelrealignment, BQSR, variant calling.

when i give the following command for GATK-indel realignment, i get the error.

U]cd used:-[/U]

java -Xmx30g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK-2.6-5-gba531bd/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T IndelRealigner \ -R INDEX_REF_GENOME_HG19/hg19.fa \ -I WG_PBMC_SAM9_CORDSORT_RMDUP.BAM -targetintervals intervalListFromRTC.intervals \ -o WG_PBMC_SAM9_coordsort_realigned.bam

the errors are :-

##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.6-5-gba531bd):
              ##### ERROR The invalid arguments or inputs must be corrected before the GATK can proceed
              ##### ERROR Please do not post this error to the GATK forum
              ##### ERROR
              ##### ERROR See the documentation (rerun with -h) for this tool to view allowable command-line arguments.
              ##### ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to
              ##### ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
              ##### ERROR
              ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Argument with name '--targetIntervals' (-targetIntervals) is missing.

kindly give me solutions, will be very thankful to you.

Please do let me know the proper usage of GATK.

Thanking you all,

Vishnu.

You may follow this

Comment

Originally posted by harryzs View Post
                -->(howto) Perform local realignment around indels

Comment

The informative line of that error message is:
                  Your command used "--targetintervals" (note the capital "I" in the error message).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses