Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS: Prokka --centre command and the quest for a perfect .gbk file

Hello all, i would really appreciate some help with the situation i find myself in.
    I am trying to do snp calling and visualisation for some genomes i have assembled.
    I would love to be able to use ginger/parsnp to visualise snps and connect them back to genes but for this i need an annotated genome of the day zero strain we put into people (and then sampled, collecting bugs every few weeks)
    My supervisor has forbidden me from adding the day zero genome to public databases. So i need a well annotated strain of my bacteria (none are available for this particular strain)
    I tried RAST and the genbank files it generated didn't work with harvest or mauve or IGV or BRIG.
    I am trying PROKKA but in order to get a good result i need to use the --centre "xxx" command and specify a sequencing centre ID.

Do any of you know what the sequencing ID for sanger is?
    Or do any of you have any idea of another way i can annotate my sequence

Much obliged
    Thank you

Just pick something like the initials of your institute - or really use xxx - it will show up in some of the Prokka metadata, but shouldn't matter for the analysis you are talking about.

Comment

thank you
      After this PROKKA generated a .gbk file for me
      I edited this .gbk in sublime text 2 so that all the accession and version categories had values and mauve is finally reading it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses