Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sphil View Post
    What do you mean by N50 of scaffold? The N50 after scaffolding runs?
    It looks quite strange cause this http://seqanswers.com/forums/attachm...0&d=1331038646 clearly shows that your base quality is up to 24 with length of approx. 60nt. Thus trimming all reads to a length of 60nt all reads should pass your pre-processing filter. So my guess is that something in your filter works wrong.
    Yes, The N50 after scaffolding.
    the picture is filtered reads' property, handled with my own filter.
    the original reads' property is as below.
    Or perhaps I didn't get you meaning clearly.
    Should I try to trim them to 60bp?
    BTW: the http://seqanswers.com/forums/attachm...9&d=1331037505 is shown with a red cross, is anything wrong?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ufwsse; 03-06-2012, 06:07 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure that you would expect better results, with such a small file (667M). How many reads is that equivalent to, and what average coverage (roughly) of the bacterial genome does that correspond to?

Comment

Originally posted by ufwsse View Post
        Yes, The N50 after scaffolding.
        the picture is filtered reads' property, handled with my own filter.
        the original reads' property is as below.
        Or perhaps I didn't get you meaning clearly.
        Should I try to trim them to 60bp?
        BTW: the http://seqanswers.com/forums/attachm...9&d=1331037505 is shown with a red cross, is anything wrong?
        ok if these are from the filtered one i also would suggest that your coverage is too low....

Comment

Originally posted by kopi-o View Post
          I'm not sure that you would expect better results, with such a small file (667M). How many reads is that equivalent to, and what average coverage (roughly) of the bacterial genome does that correspond to?
          the length of reference is 2119959, there are 2 * 3418625 reads whose length is 76. so the average coverage is 2 * (3418625 * 76 / 2119959) = 2 * 122. Is it right?

Comment

problem solved with another assemble tool...
            Thank all you guys' help!!!

Comment

Good to hear!

It would be nice to know which assembler that eventually solved the problem, and what kind of N50 etc you got ... sorry for being nosey, I am just curious!

Comment

Originally posted by kopi-o View Post
                Good to hear!

It would be nice to know which assembler that eventually solved the problem, and what kind of N50 etc you got ... sorry for being nosey, I am just curious!
                errr.....shame on myself
                I use the velvet and get a better output. It is a pitty that it can't set a longer kmer than 31.
                Acctually, soapdenovo can solve this problem with a longer kmer, but I can't run it on my PC since it costs a lot of memory. When the k is small, the result is so bad that I think there must be something wrong with my pre-processing procedure.
                I am sorry that I waste your precious time.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! You have not wasted my time at all, I think it's interesting to exchange experiences about different software packages, parameters, etc.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses