Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast migration in RNA Bioanalyzer assay

My latest RNA Bioanalyzer runs produced unexpected results, with migration time being reduced for both the ladder and the samples, see attached profiles for comparison (below in this order: abnormal ladder and an example of a sample in that run, normal ladder and the same sample).
    I tried different gel preparations, and got similar results, which I believe affects proper quantification (but maybe still okay to check RNA integrity?). I've seen explanations for slow migrating fragments, but I haven't seen reports of what I have. Note that it's insect RNA, which is why there is only one single peak apart from the marker.

Does anyone ever had that problem? Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by antoinefelden; 05-14-2017, 04:59 PM.

Vice-versa, I should think.

I've never seen this.
    But if your ladder peaks don't resolve I don't think you can get a RIN score at all.
    As long as your spike-in marker is there you could get a usable concentration -- well absolute concentration, the molarity figures will be wrong. But this all presupposes that the Agilent Bioanalyzer "Expert" software will even deign to give you any information without a ladder.

Are you sure you used the right gel mix? If you did and the parameters (run voltage, etc.) seem similar between your good and bad run, you might want to contact Agilent Tech support.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses