No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is using Genologics LIMs

Hi all,

I'd like to find an NGS genologics customer to talk to. Is anyone using Geneus or their new Clarity LIMs? If you are based in Europe so much the better for a phone call!

Feel free to get in touch directly on +44(0)1223 404250

James,
    I sent you an email but we are using that LIMS.

Comment

James.

Any thoughts on Clarity LIMS, serious looking at it for NHS diagnostic lab.

We got HiSeq, MiSeq, SOLiD 5500XL, 3730's, 3130's, HT7900, Cobas, Sequenom, Array stuff and a bunch of robots.

Thanks, JD.

Comment

We have now been using Clarity for six months or so, three-four months for everything NGS in the lab and I'd say its been a success. Now we have everyone in the lab used to using it and users submitting correctly the teething problems are pretty much over.

I'd recommend it for others in my position (especially once we get reporting working well) as it should make life much easier in the long term.

However as a research lab (and with only ilumina seqeuncners integrated) it is difficult to know what else you'd need for a diagnostic lab. Genologics have a CLIA whitepaper on their website which makes for interesting reading. Do let me know what you do? I'd like to get certified for clinical sequncing at some point and might need to ask you questions instead!

Comment

James,

I saw some of your videos on UTube, Clairity looks pretty nice, but I didn't see anything about the analysis end of the process. Does it allow you to track your analysis too? Versions of software, date run, arguments used, that sort of thing?

Thanks,

Christine

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure as I deal very much with the wetlab side. I know we use Clarity as part of our automated analaysis but I believe we get the data out and use an in-house built workflow manager to push the sequencing through the primary pipeline.

After primary analysis (QC, alignment, etc) we hand data over to people for the biological analysis and where they are using pipelines this information is tracked. I'd be pretty confident that in our Bioinformatics core everything is tracked.

Comment

Hi James,

We are looking at ClarityLIMS for a small sequencing core. I'm interested to know how you liking using it an additional ~2 years after your initial post.

Thanks,
              Sam

Comment

Major news regarding GenoLogics

Comment

Hello all. It has been a while since Illumina BaseSpace ClarityLIMS (nee Genologics) has been discussed and I wanted to see how users are feeling about the direction of the product since Illumina has taken over. I'm also wondering if users have upgraded to ClarityLIMS 5.x or are still using v4.2.x?

If you'd prefer to reply in a private message that's ok by me.

Comment

Those were quite helpful answers.

Comment

Who is using Genologics LIMs

It seems like a stupid question, but who are all the real names of the people on this website. I know that Sordial is Patricia, Radone is Rob, Rancid Twinkie is Evan, MysteriousStranger is Theo and some of the others but I get a little confused. Could we get a list of names?

Comment

Originally posted by james hadfield View Post
                        Hi all,

I'd like to find an NGS genologics customer to talk to. Is anyone using Geneus or their new Clarity LIMs? If you are based in Europe so much the better for a phone call!

Feel free to get in touch directly on +44(0)1223 404250
                        These might help you for start -
                        Demand has never been greater for revolutionary technologies that deliver fast, inexpensive and accurate genome information. This challenge has catalysed the development of next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies. The inexpensive production of large volumes of sequence data is the primary adva …

And the most comprehensive review summing up and comparing the Illumina's MiSeq and Thermo's PGM - https://www.nature.com/articles/nrg.2016.49
                        Last edited by dorrismillerrr123; 08-12-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hello,
                          I’ve been working with explainer videos for 3 years now and decided to put together a bit of information on what an explainer animated video can cost at different levels to help entrepreneurs. So, the price of an animated explainer video depends mainly on 3 factors: The video length, the animation quality, and the customization level. The first question you should ask is, how long should the video be? For explanation purposes, let’s assume it is 60 seconds. The first price range you'll find is between 50 to $150, at this price point, you can get an explainer video from a good looking. More information about explainer videos here - https://darvideo.tv/
                          Last edited by Rets32; 10-26-2019, 02:00 AM.
                          new

Comment

Thanks for writing. Are you still struggling with writing your assignment? I used the paraphrase research paper and got an outstanding assignment written by them in a few days.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                              0 responses