No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create CSS with different adapters

Hi!

I've searched for a similar thread and wasn't able to find a solution so I hope that this question is not repeated.

I am sequencing some SMRT library that contains the PacBio SMRT sequencing adapter in one end of the reads and a different adapter in the other.
    I would like to create a CCS from these and I haven't been able to find any software that helps me doing that.

I have been looking to SMRT Link, which works only with SMRT adapters. Is there a way to introduce a custom adapter sequence?
    I have also tried BBMap but I could only trim the adapters that are on the ends of the reads, not on the middle of them in order to create the CCS.
    I was thinking on generating a custom script to do that but I find some difficulties like the mutation of sequencing, etc.

Can someone help me to find a useful software for my problem?

Thank you very much!!

Hi, JMir

Has your problem been solved? I'm searching the same thing.

We are trying to use some different adapter, maybe asymmetric with other side. So we have to clip new subreads from polymerase read.

I find the software recalladapter, not sure it works.
    https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/recalladapters

Thank you, and good luck.

Comment

Hi Zhangxj,

I have not been able to solve this problem.
      After all this time, we changed the whole methodology also due to some other experimental problems so we are no longer looking for this kind of software.

Despite this, in the new methodology, I use HMMs to detect some small sequences, which perform quite good even though sequencing error, so maybe this can help you with the creation of your own method to detect the different adapters.

I hope you can find a solution.
      Thank you for your reply,

Júlia

Comment

The content I read was very helpful to me. It's a good thing that I was looking for.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses