Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First gen forum?

So I know that "the next generation sequencing community" excludes first gen, "Sanger" sequencing discussions.

But I've just replied to first gen question in the solid forum, and I am wondering why first gen stuff is proscribed here. If it had its own forum, it seems like it would be very useful.

Are there other good venues for this type of content that I'm unaware of? The old bionet.autosequencing newsgroup is lamentably effectively dead due to the diminishing pool of NNTP servers, etc. The ABRF discussion forum is still there, but I find it painful to use. All methods are jumbled together into a single pile. Also its email list back-end is extremely irritating. I set my ABRF account not to email me anything. But every post I do invariably results in a bunch of "out of office" messages being routed to me.

So ECO, why not here?

--
    Phillip

I can't think of a reason why not, especially since we'll be needing a third-gen section soon. Will try to get it up this weekend.

Comment

Hi ECO,
      Any chance of getting that Sanger Seq forum added?

I think of the old radioactive gel methodology (before automated sequencers) as "zero gen". So "first gen" is still "next" to "zero gen", eh?

--
      Phillip

Comment

Ugh, I totally dropped that ball didn't I. Look for it in a moment. =]

Comment

"Capillary" ?

"Sanger" ?

"Automated" ?

"Mono-template" ?

"Non-parallel" ?

Comment

Done: http://seqanswers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Naming open for modification...time to fill it up with posts now.

In the future if you don't see something like this happen in a day or two, feel free to drop me an email at admin@. It's easy for me to miss posts like these given how many roll through in a given day.

Comment

"Sanger" is probably most used terminology now. (Also, would keep the Maxam-Gilbert riff-raff out of the forum...)

--
              Phillip

Comment

First gen forum

Ive seen this on other forums, make a forum called the reviews section. That way they can review the board or handle or snow sled or whatever.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                • seqadmin
                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                0 responses