SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BWA sam and Samtools sam->bam conversion problem maasha Bioinformatics 6 06-05-2013 08:39 AM
bwa sai to bam conversion and indexfile.nt.ann?? cllorens Bioinformatics 16 05-29-2013 09:27 AM
Bowtie --sam option - includes non-aligned reads? ledsall Bioinformatics 3 02-24-2013 01:31 AM
NEw to Chip-seq and have .bam/.sam/.bam.bai files... then what? NGS newbie Bioinformatics 11 05-25-2011 08:48 AM
Read BAM header with SAMtools code g_solid Bioinformatics 1 11-25-2009 08:17 PM

Old 07-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
holtgrewe

Exclamation ANN: New I/O Code in SeqAn (includes BAM/SAM I/O)

Dear all,

the SeqAn team is happy to announce the availability of our updated I/O code. The code is available in the current SVN version and will be available in the 1.4 release we are planning later this year.

Background: SeqAn is an open source (BSD 3-clause) C++ library of efficient algorithms and data structures for biological sequence analysis. The library applies a unique generic design based on C++ templates that guarantees high performance, generality, extensibility, and integration with other libraries. SeqAn is simplifies the development of new software tools with a minimal loss of performance.

New features and improvements include:
  • A new stream layer that allows for reading and writing to C++/C streams as well as streams compressed with gzip or bz2.
  • Improvements to our FASTA/FASTQ I/O code in terms of performance and robustness.
  • A tokenizing/parsing interface that allows for easily writing your own parsers.
  • An interface for reading SAM and BAM files record-wise.

The code is fairly stable but might undergo small changes before the release. We are sure that it is highly useful, nevertheless.

We welcome suggestions for additional feature, and improvements in both code and documentation as well as bug reports through our Trac ticket system and our mailing list.

More information is available in our Tutorial

Specifically, the following new chapters are interesting for the new system:

Also, in case you are interested in SeqAn, and have missed our announcement, we will hold a free workshop in Berlin from September 12 to 14. You can find more information here:

Bests,
Manuel
holtgrewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
srividya

Default SeqAn 1.4 download

Hello,

I am trying to download the SeqAn 1.4 version from trac. But I am unable to do so. Can you please tell me from where I can download them directly. Thanks!

Srividya
srividya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
holtgrewe

Dear Srividya,

there currently is no verison 1.4 Release yet. The following article explains how to get the current development/trunk version using Subversion.

http://trac.mi.fu-berlin.de/seqan/wi...GettingStarted

HTH,
Manuel
holtgrewe is offline   Reply With Quote