No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pindel for MiSeq

Hello,

I've created a bash script that automates pindel for our Illumina MiSeq samples. Initially we had a great output from Pindel and picked up FLT3, NPM1, and KIT insertions we were looking for. However, now we are seeing some discoradances compared to our genescan and capillary electrophoresis results. Pindel is missing calls and I am clueless as to what might be the reason why. Would running breakdancer and including it output in the pindel run help; however, I highly doubt that SNPs in the anchor or sequencing errors could be the cause of this issue since the reads in IGV look clean. Any suggestions? How about changing things here:

-d/--min_num_matched_bases only consider reads as evidence if they map with more than this number of bases to the reference (default 30)
    -a/--additional_mismatch Pindel will only map part of a read to the reference genome if there are no other candidate positions with no more than the specified number of mismatches position.
    The bigger this value, the more accurate but less sensitive. (default value 1)
    -m/--min_perfect_match_around_BP at the point where the read is split into two, there should at least be this number of perfectly matching bases between read and reference (default value 3)
    -e/--sequencing_error_rate the expected fraction of sequencing errors (default 0.05)
    -u/--maximum_allowed_mismatch_rate only reads with fewer mismatches with the reference genome than this fraction will be considered (default 0.1)

What are others using here since Pindel strict in adhering to that perfect match or single mapped read and looking at the unmapped at the breakpoint for its calls?
    Last edited by handalab; 11-09-2012, 07:16 AM.

How are you generating your sequencing libraries?

Comment

Originally posted by swNGS View Post
      How are you generating your sequencing libraries?
      We are using Illumina's truseq chemistry then subsequently let miseq reporter do its thing. My understaning is that bwa is the preferred aligner when using pindel, but we are going straight through with casava bam files

Comment

Originally posted by handalab View Post
        We are using Illumina's truseq chemistry then subsequently let miseq reporter do its thing. My understaning is that bwa is the preferred aligner when using pindel, but we are going straight through with casava bam files
        can you communicate me on this? I may need to have some bam files for those regions. [email protected]

Kai

Comment

you have the option to use BWA as an aligner in the MiSeq workflow, have you tried this?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses