SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardware requirements for various tools gilst Bioinformatics 8 12-30-2014 04:12 AM
NGS data management tools and analysis tools [email protected] Bioinformatics 1 09-22-2014 01:50 AM
Linux system requirements for NGS analysis programs RBGSYD General 6 10-18-2011 11:26 PM
Tools Optimized for Operating System Environments grlazo Bioinformatics 4 01-05-2011 07:15 AM

Old 03-30-2017, 03:59 AM   #1
weehzer

Question SMRT Tools, Parsnp, CLG GWB - NGS Tools System requirements

Hi,
I am pretty new to the NGS field and I am configuring a workstation at the moment.

I'd like to use parsnp and CLC Genomics Workbench. The workstation is a backup for a HPC Cluster and will be used for small bacterial genomes, will this be feasible with the following system:
Octa-Core
64 Gb Ram
16 Tb disk

I know this is a rather unspecific question and the exact requirements will depend on the size of the genome etc. I am just trying to get a feeling what workstations people use besides using a server- even if the range is very broad :-)

Coming from the structural biology field, I am used to Ubuntu, it's the Linux distribution most programs install nicely and easy. Is it the same for NGS software or do you suggest a different distribution?

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Last edited by weehzer; 03-31-2017 at 01:29 AM.
weehzer is offline   Reply With Quote