Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
from gene symbols to a BED file with TSS positions idogold Bioinformatics 1 02-28-2014 08:55 AM
Tophat/Bowtie not using gene symbols from gtf file cnyh Bioinformatics 11 05-13-2013 10:39 AM
Agilent Probe IDS neetu Bioinformatics 0 06-17-2012 08:51 PM
From Affy probe sets/gene symbols to genomic coordinates? ETHANol Epigenetics 7 10-25-2010 02:13 AM

Old 05-22-2017, 07:45 AM   #1

Question How do I map Affymetrix probe IDs to gene symbols in R?

I have an ExpressionSet, combArr.eset, that contains Affymetrix Human Genome U133 Plus 2.0 Array gene expression data. I also have a matrix, exprs_combArr.eset, that contains the expression data for combArr.eset. The row names for exprs_combArr.eset are the hgu133plus2 probe IDs, and the column names are the Gene Expression Omnibus sample IDs.

I'd like to change the probe IDs in exprs_combArr.eset to their corresponding gene symbols, but I'm not sure how to do this.

I've retrieved the hgu133plus2SYMBOL object from the hgu122plus2.db package, which contains the mappings between manufacturer identifiers and gene abbreviations, but I'm not sure how to use this to change the probe IDs in exprs_combArr.eset.

I'm new to R and Bioconductor, and programming in general, so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
pepsi_MAX_cherry is offline   Reply With Quote