SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doing PCR enrichment on PCR-free TruSeq lib? JBKri Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 10-08-2015 08:00 AM
TruSeq PCR-free, ligate adapters to amplicons? JBKri Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 06-05-2015 10:47 AM
TrueSeq PCR free POOR LIGATION efficiencies Degraz Illumina/Solexa 3 04-08-2015 06:03 AM
Illumina TruSeq PCR-Free - Low Final Concentration WGS Rat DNA Libraries agileta Illumina/Solexa 1 11-18-2014 08:11 PM
PCR-Free Libraries & Bioinformatic PCR Duplicate detection? aeonsim Bioinformatics 3 10-23-2013 02:36 PM

Old 11-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
kgoglin

Default TruSeq PCR-free libraries inefficient ligation of adapters

It seems to be well known that the ligation efficiency of the adapters for the TruSeq PCR-free library prep is low. Bioanalyzer concentrations can be 3-30 fold higher than qPCR. I believe the qPCR concentrations are accurate, however, the sequencing runs are under-clustered. I suspect the libraries are not getting denatured properly. Has anyone had this happen?

My theory is that the NaOH is being used up on the DNA fragments with no adapters and therefore less NaOH is available to denature the libraries.

Thanks,
Karrie
kgoglin is offline   Reply With Quote