X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's also CLC Genomics Workbench (although it is a commercial package).

Comment

• Yes, CLC Genomics Workbench will use all three data types. I use the program on Windows. However you will need lots of RAM. For my files/genomes I needed 32GB (the max we could put into my box). If you work with small bacterial genomes and simple transcriptomes you maybe able get away with 8GB RAM (the minimal requirement for CLC Workbench)

Marta

Comment

• Originally posted by Marta View Post
        Yes, CLC Genomics Workbench will use all three data types. I use the program on Windows. However you will need lots of RAM. For my files/genomes I needed 32GB (the max we could put into my box). If you work with small bacterial genomes and simple transcriptomes you maybe able get away with 8GB RAM (the minimal requirement for CLC Workbench)

Marta
        I am using the CLC Genomics Workbench on my laptop running XP with 3 GB and it handle up to about 10 million Illumina reads in a de novo assembly, but things larger than that causes problems on my small machine. So it seems you can work with smaller bacterial genomes on less than 8 GB of ram, at least that is my experience.

Comment

• Stegger, thanks! Is is nice to know that CLC Workbench can run on a 3GB machine. How long are your 10M reads?

Comment

• Their 36 bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by ECO View Post
              You are more than welcome to start annotating the software packages in our wiki: http://wiki.seqanswers.com. I believe Dan is working on a set of instructions for new wiki users.

Thanks!
              Originally posted by wuhoucdc View Post
              Hi all,

Who have the time to summarize the programs that can be used call SV such as large rearrangement, deletion, amplication among NGS? Thanks.

Wuhoucdc
              Just click here:

;-)
              Homepage: Dan Bolser
              MetaBase the database of biological databases.

Comment

• Sciguy, I notice that you last updated your list in August. Are there any significant changes since then? Or am I wrong about the reading of the update?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomijill View Post
                  Sciguy, I notice that you last updated your list in August. Are there any significant changes since then? Or am I wrong about the reading of the update?
                  It's definitely been updated since...when I use my superpowers to edit the first post, it doesn't show the date.

The data @ http://wiki.seqanswers.com is probably a bit more current as it's being maintained by the community rather than just sciguy and myself!

Comment

• I'm guessing we need some kind of wiki forum ... but I not sure what form... um?

I think the problem is that the wiki is so bad for threaded conversations, we need a place to discuss the wiki...

For each software package that is in the wiki, I have added a link to search the forum for that package. This is only a small step. Generally I'm not sure how to more tightly integrate the two different approaches.
                    Homepage: Dan Bolser
                    MetaBase the database of biological databases.

Comment

• good thing thanks

Comment

• nice work!

Comment

• Locking this thread for now, as the wiki is easier to maintain and this thread seems to have outlived its usefulness.

If you have a question about a specific package...and have already searched for the answer, please start a new thread about it.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                          0 responses