Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is indeed a RHEL 6.x system

I have not done as suggested with "libbam.a" is this included in the Casava dir?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JdeBruin View Post
      This is indeed a RHEL 6.x system

I have not done as suggested with "libbam.a" is this included in the Casava dir?

Thanks
      Looking at your original log, is the error being produced during "samtools" build? We built casava-1.8.2 a long time ago so I do not remember if "samtools" was included in the installer or we already had it installed.

The "libbam.a" is part of the samtools and should get built as a part of the samtools package.

Comment

Yes I get the error when samtools are being build as part of a Casava installation.
        I found libbam.a in opt/samtools-0.1.8/ but I believe due to the fact that the error is produced while samtools are being built, libbam.a should be placed when the build (make command) has been completed succefully...

Comment

Is samtools being built successfully? Do you see the samtools executable?

Comment

Samtools fails to build, the configure pass no problem but the make command fails.

Comment

Have you installed both "zlib" and "zlib-devel"?

Comment

Hi,

Yes I have installed both:
                Version : 1.2.3 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.

Comment

Would you mind getting the samtools package from here (as an aside) and checking if it compiles? http://sourceforge.net/projects/samtools/files/

Comment

Hi will do so

Comment

I have done so and I am still unable to "make" succesfully.

Error:

/root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/phase.c:475: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                      bedcov.o: In function `main_bedcov':
                      /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bedcov.c:69: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                      libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `__bam_get_lines':
                      /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bam_import.c:76: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                      libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_open':
                      /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bam_import.c:472: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                      libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_header_read2':
                      /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bam_import.c:126: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                      libbam.a(bedidx.o):/root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bedidx.c:107: more undefined references to `gzopen64' follow

What is this gzopen64 ?

Comment

I have done so and I am still unable to "make" succesfully.

Error:

/root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/phase.c:475: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                        bedcov.o: In function `main_bedcov':
                        /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bedcov.c:69: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                        libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `__bam_get_lines':
                        /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bam_import.c:76: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                        libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_open':
                        /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bam_import.c:472: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                        libbam.a(bam_import.o): In function `sam_header_read2':
                        /root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bam_import.c:126: undefined reference to `gzopen64'
                        libbam.a(bedidx.o):/root/apps/tmp_samtools/samtools-0.1.19/bedidx.c:107: more undefined references to `gzopen64' follow

What is this gzopen64 ?
                        That means that your zlib is probably not installed correctly. Are you using the RH supplied zlib?

Where exactly is your zlib.h installed?
                        Last edited by GenoMax; 06-04-2013, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Hey,

I have used the RH installed zlib I have also downloaded the latest zlib from zlib.org and compiled from source.

Probably have to uninstall all zlib and start over?

Comment

Hey,

I have used the RH installed zlib I have also downloaded the latest zlib from zlib.org and compiled from source.

Probably have to uninstall all zlib and start over?
                            I would say remove the zlib you downloaded from zlib.org and try the compile again.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                            • seqadmin
                              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post seqadmin  
                            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                            0 responses