Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upendra_35 View Post
    I got the same problem. When i tried to import the xml file that was blatsted against Arabidopsis TAIR10 cDNA reference, the mapping and annotation steps failed in blast2go software. So i guess it is something to do with the format of xml file generated using "nr" database and "TAIR10" database.
    Does anybody know a way to modify this xml file so that i can import to blast2go?

Thanks
    Upendra
    I've tried changing format but it doesn't work. I guess we should use TAIR10_pep... for BLAST DBs which is protein files.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh_hang View Post
      I've tried changing format but it doesn't work. I guess we should use TAIR10_pep... for BLAST DBs which is protein files.
      Sorry my bad.....i have used pep file and not cDNA file.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh_hang View Post
        Blast2GO is very particular about the format of the sequence ID used in FASTA files when you are creating custom BLAST databases. See this webpage for details about formatting your own BLAST DB for use with Blast2GO.

A second thing to consider is do the IDs in you custom BLAST DB ('myid' in the example on the webpage) match IDs in the Blast2GO database. If the IDs don't match, Blast2GO won't be able to map them. Even if you reformatted the TAIR FASTA like the example in the tutorial and put the AT number in the proper position I'm not sure that TAIR AT numbers are in the Blast2GO database.

A workaround is to use this file from the TAIR site: At_GB_refseq_prot.gz. It is the same protein set but uses the NCBI RefSeq IDs and GI numbers for the IDs. For example:
        Code:
        >gi|240256448|ref|NP_200529.4| PSD2 (phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2); phosphatidylserine decarboxylase [Arabidopsis thaliana]
        Format this file according to the tutorial. You are sacrificing the AT numbers but it's pretty much a guarantee that the NCBI GIs are in the Blast2GO database.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcarr View Post
          Blast2GO is very particular about the format of the sequence ID used in FASTA files when you are creating custom BLAST databases. See this webpage for details about formatting your own BLAST DB for use with Blast2GO.

A second thing to consider is do the IDs in you custom BLAST DB ('myid' in the example on the webpage) match IDs in the Blast2GO database. If the IDs don't match, Blast2GO won't be able to map them. Even if you reformatted the TAIR FASTA like the example in the tutorial and put the AT number in the proper position I'm not sure that TAIR AT numbers are in the Blast2GO database.

A workaround is to use this file from the TAIR site: At_GB_refseq_prot.gz. It is the same protein set but uses the NCBI RefSeq IDs and GI numbers for the IDs. For example:
          Code:
          >gi|240256448|ref|NP_200529.4| PSD2 (phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2); phosphatidylserine decarboxylase [Arabidopsis thaliana]
          Format this file according to the tutorial. You are sacrificing the AT numbers but it's pretty much a guarantee that the NCBI GIs are in the Blast2GO database.
          Thank you very much kmcarr, very useful tips. Can't wait to start my Blast2Go annotation now. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses