SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cummeRbund JS Distances (Jensen–Shannon divergence) puggie RNA Sequencing 1 02-26-2014 10:43 PM
Differential isoform expression in cuffdiff: how does it work? gwilymh Bioinformatics 0 02-05-2014 10:12 AM
Using DEXSeq to compare differential exon usage from different technical replicates alittleboy Bioinformatics 3 06-19-2013 03:11 PM
differential isoform usage test suninsky RNA Sequencing 0 03-31-2012 10:13 AM

Old 01-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #1
Golsheed

Default Differential isoform usage with replicates using Jensen-Shannon divergence

Hello,

I'm trying to do a differential isoform usage test for a target gene g across two conditions (i=1,2). Suppose that gene g has K isoforms. For each condition i, I have a set of J samples, where each sample is a vector of size K. The kth element of each such vector indicates the (MISO-estimated) proportion of isoform k among all the isoforms. Basically, I want to test whether the relative abundancy of the K isoforms differ across the two conditions.

I know that some packages exist that do this kind of analysis. But I want to get an overall idea of how the statistical test in this context works. Specifically, if one decides to use the Jensen-Shannon metric to test for the differential isoform usage, how would the results explained in the manual for CuffDiff2 generalize to this setting? Note that I'm assuming I have J replicates (samples) within each condition. I understand how the test works for a single-replicate problem, but I don't know how to generalize it to multiple replicates.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Golsheed
Golsheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuffdiff 2, isoform usage, jensen-shannon