SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-seq statistical analysis without replicate Claudia34 RNA Sequencing 13 01-16-2013 08:59 PM
statistical analysis feng Bioinformatics 2 11-23-2011 02:02 AM
DESeq-statistical analysis without replicate lynn012 RNA Sequencing 0 10-27-2011 03:47 AM
Statistical analysis NGS_user Bioinformatics 1 07-07-2011 05:28 AM
Statistical geneticist, human whole genome sequence analysis knome Industry Jobs! 0 05-05-2011 10:39 AM

Old 07-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Heisman

Default How to teach myself to perform statistical analysis?

Hey all,

So I have a pretty decent math background but have only taken an introductory statistics class. I'd like to be able to learn enough statistics to analyze next-gen sequencing data and really understand what I'm doing. What would be most applicable to what I work on would be to perform statistical analysis on pooled sequencing data sets (samples indexed or non-indexed) in a case/control cohort experimental setup. There are some papers out there for this purpose and I can read and follow them, but I feel I am missing too much background to really understand what is going on. Does anybody know of any good textbooks or online courses that would allow me to pick up enough of a general statistical background to start to understand the nuances of applying statistics to next-gen sequencing data? Thanks a bunch!
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote