SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AmpliSeq on the MiSeq foxaj Ion Torrent 37 06-06-2018 05:18 PM
AmpliSeq Design Buckethead84 Ion Torrent 0 08-10-2017 06:16 PM
Alternatives to Ampliseq Daviesa91 Ion Torrent 3 07-09-2014 04:15 AM
End repair of TruSeq RNA and TruSeq mRNA stranded ykgenome Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 05-14-2014 11:01 PM
AmpliSeq vs TruSeq custom amplicon epistatic Ion Torrent 2 02-16-2012 02:18 AM

Old 03-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #1
seqsuave

Default AmpliSeq vs TruSeq

Now that Illumina sells AmpliSeq, I am trying understanding the difference between AmpliSeq for Illumina and TruSeq Targeted panels. From what I can tell AmpliSeq can probe for more targets, and deal with lower input and lower sample quality.
Are there any other big differences I am missing between those libraries prep methods?

Also, what experience or opinions does anyone have when comparing these two kits?

Last edited by seqsuave; 03-14-2019 at 12:44 PM.
seqsuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #2
labking

So, we had to change from TSCA to AmpliSeq. My experience about AmpliSeq right now that this is not as good as TSCA. There is not advantage regarding library preperation, it is just different. How to analyze the AmpliSeq data was difficult since I needed the Tech Support. A manual where everything is written down would be helpful.
First of all, the in silico coverage is lower when designing a new panel with exactly the same content as for TSCA. For TSCA we had a 100% coverage and for AmpliSeq just around 98%. We would require concierge to fill this gap but this would take another three months. Secondly, the higher the number of amplicons the lower the in silico coverage. Well, this is normal but way worse than for TSCA. Finally, we ordered a panel where the in silico coverage was a 100% but one amplicon dropped out. This was not worse as for TSCA.
I would like to knoe the experience by other users. Or is it us?
labking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ampliseq custom, targeted amplicons, truseq