SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annotate/Mark TFBS on DNA sequence maneeshi Bioinformatics 0 05-01-2014 01:10 PM
Program to Randomly Chop Sequence files? SDK Bioinformatics 1 01-20-2014 05:02 PM
How to annotate 13 nts sequence Palgrave Bioinformatics 1 09-27-2013 10:03 AM
PubMed: GeneScreen: a program for high-throughput mutation detection in DNA sequence Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 11-03-2010 11:20 AM
whole genome Bisulfite Sequence MAPping program wei Bioinformatics 0 08-07-2009 03:46 PM

Old 06-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
azim58

Default program to automatically annotate a DNA sequence

Is there some good software to automatically annotate a DNA sequence? I'm dealing with a specific situation right now, but it would be nice to have a general tool that just takes a DNA sequence and automatically annotates it well based on information from databases. In my situation right now, I am looking at chimeric transcripts in cancer cells where two transcripts from different genes are fused together. Therefore, I get a sequence, blast it, find out which part matches with transcript A, find out which part matches with transcript B, and then I annotate it using APE (Advanced Plasmid Editor) to mark which part of the sequence corresponds to transcript A and B, the start codon, the stop codon. I can then acquire some useful information such as the protein produced, and the protein sequence after the fusion point. Anyway, does anyone have a good recommendation for automatically annotating DNA sequences?
azim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
Jeremy

Blast2GO is pretty good for that, I don't think it will identify fusion transcripts though.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotate, chimeric, dna, fusion, sequence