SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some suggestion for overlap assembler ljhwahaha Bioinformatics 5 03-25-2014 08:27 AM
Overlap/comparison microarray and RNAseq MDonlin Bioinformatics 7 03-10-2014 02:53 AM
Fragment an assembly for later overlap k-gun12 Bioinformatics 2 05-27-2011 12:16 PM
Overlap of paired-end reads suludana Illumina/Solexa 12 04-27-2011 09:11 AM
Newbler's algorithm -> overlap or de Brujin graph? CImbusch 454 Pyrosequencing 3 05-14-2010 07:42 AM

Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
navin_elango

Default Overlap Graph

Dear All,

I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

Thanks,
Navin.
navin_elango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
niazi84@hotmail.com

Hi Navin,

I am also looking for such software or script. Did you find any till now?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
gtoal

EDIT: My mistake. It looks like when you post on a subject, the board finds related threads - regardless of age. Looks like an old dead conversation, sorry to have accidentally resurrected it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_elango View Post
Dear All,

I have ~ 100000 DNA sequences in a fasta file. I am interested in finding the overlap graph of these sequences. I just want a simple overlap finder (which takes minOverlapLength and percentIdentityIntheOverlapRegion as inputs). The overlap will be at the end of the sequences (similar to assembly)

I have tried looking into many assembly programs. All the programs I looked gave the contigs as output. Some assembly programs gave information about the reads in each contig. But none of the assembly programs gave any information about the overlap graph, which was used to find the contigs. In addition, since assembly programs work with reads, they look for certain depth of coverage during overlap finding. I do not want this.

Could anyone point me towards a simple overlap-graph finder.

Thanks,
Navin.
Unreleased as of yet, but I've just finished writing exactly this. Cn you be more specific about exactly what you're looking for as output, maybe with a line or two of examples?

regards,

Graham

Last edited by gtoal; 05-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.
gtoal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assemble, graph, overlap