Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targeted sequencing workflow?

I have a non-barcoded multiple samples pool of long amplicons sequenced on RSII. I'm trying to figure out the correct workflow. My goal is to perform variant calling.

After reading on this for 2 days this is what I have pieced together:
    1. bax2bam conversion
    2. blasr alignment all reads to my reference
    3. quiver/arrow polishing
    4. LAA generate consensus reads
    5. blasr (or bowtie even?) to align consensus reads to reference
    6. minorseq for variant calling

Does this look correct?

I initially thought CCS subreads would be a good trick to demultiplex my multiple samples (about 70? I don't know why it wasn't barcoded in the first place, I didn't handle that part). However my amplicons are all >5kb and I think I read CCS subreads are more useful for small amplicons (makes sense if these are able to run longer). I just want to see the extent of variation (primarily small variation) in this population of 70 samples.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses