SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Ion Torrent

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your favourite qPCR kit for Illumina library QC? ScottC Sample Prep / Library Generation 28 03-18-2016 04:08 AM
Qubit versus qPCR cmuletz Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 06-20-2013 08:43 AM
KAPA qPCR kit for XL+ libraries? madseq 454 Pyrosequencing 2 08-31-2012 08:39 AM
qPCR on Nextera XT Libraries kcchan Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 08-30-2012 08:29 AM
GAIIx versus HiSeq Libraries NextGenSeq Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 07-22-2010 07:39 AM

Old 01-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
LindsayS

Default Equalizer kit versus qPCR for AmpliSeq libraries

I am curious if anyone is currently using the Equalizer kit from Life Tech to prepare their libraries for templation. If so, are you bulking multiple libraries together, and are you finding that it does a good job of having somewhat equal amounts of reads per library?

We frequently put 96 AmpliSeq libraries together on one 318 chip. Our method of quantitation is by qPCR. The Equalizer kit has been recommended to me on multiple occasions but I have not yet heard if it works well on multiplexed runs. We are at a point where qPCR is a huge bottleneck and we need to purchase another qPCR machine or figure something else out.

Any insight or user experience is welcomed.
LindsayS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
mikeg

I would say to keep with your qPCR. I have tried the equalizer, and it is just too much of a black box for me. Doing 96 samples may be a bear, but you can rely on the qPCR data. Can't really say the same for the Equalizer!
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
LindsayS

Thanks Mike. I have come to the same conclusion. Our new solution is a 384-well qPCR machine. So excited!
LindsayS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
mikeg

Hi Lindsay,

I see you are in Dallas? Where are you located?
I see you are putting 96 libraries onto one chip, but what are your libraries of?
Microbial?
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #5
Xray1

Hi there,

I would like to ask basically the same question as Lindsay.

For a larger NGS project with quite a lot of samples but relatively few amplicons (AmpliSeq), I find the idea of the Equalizer kit quite attractive. I would like to pool at least 32 samples per run, possibly even 64 or 96. Question is uniformity of course.

Does anyone here have some real life experience with it? Good or bad, any user experience is welcome.
Xray1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Élodie

I will plan to use the equalizer too because I found some variations on the qPCR for Ampliseq DNA libraries (custom primers). So do you?
I tested several dilutions for one library and the calculated original concentration varies between dilutions. But I don't have this problem for other type of libraries (Exome, fragment plus)
Did you note the same thing?
Élodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ampliseq, equalizer, ion torrent, qpcr