SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Ion Torrent

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reflecting on a Year of Ion Torrent -- Omics! Omics! ECO Ion Torrent 2 12-18-2011 05:06 PM
Omics and Personalised Health, EMBL Heidelberg, 16-18 February 2012 Wolfgang Huber Events / Conferences 0 10-06-2011 02:45 PM
Ion torrent blog on raw accuracy - good primer for accuracy grand challenge lek2k Ion Torrent 3 09-20-2011 01:13 AM
AYRCOB: Asian Young Researchers Conference on Computational and Omics Biology Zhaoshc Events / Conferences 0 06-08-2011 01:46 AM
Ion Torrent ups the ante against MiSeq -- Omics Omics Blog ECO Ion Torrent 5 03-06-2011 03:41 PM

Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
ECO
--Site Admin--

Default When Will Life Tech Get Serious About Grand Challenges -- Omics Omics Blog

Keith has another relevant and interesting take on things...

http://omicsomics.blogspot.com/2011/...t-serious.html
ECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
SeqAA

Seems serious enough. If people really wanted to get involved I am sure they would contact Life Tech for the actual details. That's a lot of commentary just because the rules are not posted on a public website.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
krobison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeqAA View Post
Seems serious enough. If people really wanted to get involved I am sure they would contact Life Tech for the actual details. That's a lot of commentary just because the rules are not posted on a public website.
No, you won't get further by asking -- I've registered interest in the contest & had no further information sent. Perhaps, as one commenter supposed, the details will come out later this month, but for anyone seriously considering jumping in that gap is a deterrent.

It's also a contrast with other such contests, such as the Archon X-Prize in genomics or Google X-prize for the moon, where the specifications are posted in public both to generate serious interest as well as to invite a lot of commentary. Indeed, I believe what I pointed out just scratches the surface of what will be required to really drive interest in the contest, and posting the rules in public would help flush out the missing pieces early (which is indeed the approach Google is taking).

Crowd-sourcing the crowd-sourcing contest design isn't really a very bad idea!
krobison is offline   Reply With Quote