No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global metrics about a run

Hello everyone,

I have to collect some metrics about a MiSeq run.
    I used CASAVA for demultiplexing (namely the configureBclToFastq.pl script). I obtained a folder wich contains some XML files, where there are some tables with few metrics like number of Cluster, numbler of cluster PF, and % intensity after 20 cycles. By the way, why 20 ? Why not 15 or 40 ? I think these page are generated by IVC but I'm not sure about that.

Looking for other metrics on the web, I found this page : https://sites.google.com/a/brown.edu...110_ad1v25acxx which really looks like to the one I have. My question is how to get the same kind of table ? (with density and error rate etc.)

Thanks !

Sounds like you have access to the original flowcell folder. You can use illumina sequence analysis viewer (windows only) to look at various data metrics associated with the run: http://support.illumina.com/sequenci...iewer_sav.html

In the CASAVA analyzed folder you want to look at the "Demultiplex_Stats.htm" file that is found in the flowcell_ID/Unaligned/Basecalls_*/ folder.

Comment

Unfortunately, I work on a unix computer cluster so I can't use your tool...

Indeed I do have acces to the original flowcell folder. I had a look to the "Demultiplex_Stats.htm" file, but it doesn't contain the density or the error rated for example, unlike to the link of my previous message. But maybe can I calcul the density by myself using the number of tiles ? I'm thinking about something like that : sum (nb cluster) / nb Tiles * tiles size but where can I find the tile's size ? Is it the same for all Illumina's sequencer ?
      Last edited by ClemBuntu; 12-16-2014, 12:34 AM.

Comment

There are two other threads the describe other ways of accessing the run metrics information from unix.

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Example you had linked may have been analyzed (one can do alignments etc on the machine itself) on the MiSeq and thus has additional information.

Comment

Yes you're right, I've just learned the biologist has this kind of data because they're given by the machine itself as you said... Well thank you !

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
          • seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:57 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 05-06-2024, 07:17 AM
          0 responses