SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TOPHAT2 vs RNA-STAR 2X the mapped %. tonup69 RNA Sequencing 6 02-16-2016 06:32 AM
different read lengths in rna-star frymor Bioinformatics 0 08-16-2015 11:07 PM
Problems with STAR alignment tellsparck Bioinformatics 1 05-26-2015 06:02 AM
GFF annotation converted to a new GFF based on VCF information giorgifm Bioinformatics 3 09-05-2013 05:09 PM
Problems with htseq-count reading bam file created by STAR priya RNA Sequencing 3 06-01-2013 11:32 PM

Old 12-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #1
tonup69
Associate Professor

Default RNA Star with and without GFF problems

Actually, I am having a lot of problems with this particular analysis, but lets start with this. I have some good RNA, deep read count, triplicate biological replicate data from Drosophila heads - small genome and well annotated. SHould be easy, right?

I have tried the Ensamble and Flybase files for mapping with various results. Most important is that for Flybase I can't seem to get any GFF3 or GTF files to work with the Fasta file using RNA Star (in Galaxy). For the Ensemble data, I can get them both to work, but in the end I get very few significant hits - but I already know some of our previous analysis - which I won't get into - revealed differentially expressed transcripts that we showed by both qRT-PCR and proteomic analysis are real - i.e. I believe them more than any bioinformatic proof.

Here is the Ensemble repository I used Ensemble FTP

Here is the Flybase repository I used Flybase FTP

Table of RNA Star Mapping Trials

Any help appreciated. Trying to do both CufDiff and DEseq analysis on this data.
tonup69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
neavemj

Hi tonup69,

Might be best to post the actual error you are getting - why won't RNA Star accept your files?

Cheers,

Matt.
neavemj is offline   Reply With Quote