SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaning up, merging de novo transcriptomes to create a quality reference dacotahm Bioinformatics 7 10-12-2017 12:00 PM
new usage of SRA toolkit/ SRA archive data download Retro Bioinformatics 7 08-20-2015 02:05 PM
Oases; merging two Oases assembled transcriptomes NGSwork Bioinformatics 4 03-13-2014 07:53 PM
Two related transcriptomes: merging but avoiding fake fusion transcripts danwiththeplan Bioinformatics 1 03-13-2014 07:45 PM
DESeq2 glm caveats lukas1848 Bioinformatics 2 12-06-2013 07:41 AM

Old 05-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
Clammomatic

Default Merging transcriptomes coming from SRA: caveats and best practices?

I'm about to start a project where I want to pool all existing transcriptomes in SRA for a nonmodel species without reference genome to study differentially expressed genes and the kind. Might worth mentioning that the transcriptomes I want to pool mostly come from different tissues.

Have you ever done something similar? Is there anything I should be extra careful about (batch effect, ...)? Do you have some literature suggestion about something similar to my project? I only found papers about merging microarray data until now.
Clammomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
colindaven

Hmm. You might want to use the aggregated webstores of RNA-seq like recount2 or others.

https://jhubiostatistics.shinyapps.io/recount/

I would combine and put them into a nice web tool like the DEGUST webserver to do some MDS and check quality. Or use R and PCA locally.
colindaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-novo assembly, literature request, rna, sra