No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewing Galaxy public server alignment output

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to format .sam, .bam or .bed data in order that Galaxy gives an internal link to view the data using the UCSC site? I did a lot of trial and error changes in file format, and the only promising development was that changing the file format to BigBed gave it the label "Binary UCSC BigBed file", but still with no link to a program or site that can view the data.

I tried uploading this BigBed file to UCSC as a custom track, but the upload link times out before getting anywhere. Is there a way to access the FTP domain (from outside of the UCSC) in order to transfer the file from my computer with FileZilla?

Alternatively, my BAM file output in the History offers a link to GeneTrack, but not to Ensambl or to the UCSC. GeneTrack doesn't open the file, but gives an error message, and all the help in Seqanswers and elsewhere are for installing GeneTrack into your private Galaxy instance, not the public server.

Is there another program/site better for the homology analysis itself? Basically, I'm interested in checking homology between two plasmids and ngs bacterial genomic dna. My tendancy is to use Bioedit, since the plasmids that I'm checking for chromosomal homology are in FASTA files, but Bioedit can't open my ngs data output from Galaxy.

I'd much appreciate any advice.
    Last edited by Mshegrss; 04-17-2012, 12:29 AM.

BioEdit is dead software. You might find UGene a suitable replacement (free, open source).

As to the Galaxy+BAM issues... I'm not sure about that - have you tried their mailing list? Also, have you tried Galaxy's built in viewer Trackster instead?

Comment

Thank you very much! UGene let me open and manipulate .bam output from Galaxy!

Many thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses