No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truseq DNA PCR-free kit

Hi!

I´m initializing in NGS library construction. I will start with Truseq DNA PCR-free kit and I would like to ask you a couple of details. I know people that, following the old protocol runs a Bionalyzer chip after the DNA fragmentation. But in the new protocol, where you have two options for the fragmentation conditions depending on your sequencing purposes, I read you have a cleaning step to be done immediately after the fragmentation, followed by the end repair and size selection steps. Does anyone run the Bioanalyzer in this case?

Based on your experience which are the steps where one could stop the protocol for a few days?

thanks!

Hi Laruo,

I think the reason why they don't suggest a Bioanalyzer after fragmentation is because they optimized the protocol for two specific insert sizes - 350 and 550 bp.

If your DNA is good, there shouldn't be any problems with the fragmentation if you use the parameters that they suggest. If you are still unsure about it, I think you can just take 1 µl of sheared DNA (of the 52.5 µl from the Covaris tube) and run it on a HighSensitivity Bioanalyzer chip.
    On general, you can always test your shearing beforehand by not doing an Illumina library, but just shearing your DNA and then checking it with the Bioanalyzer or a normal gel.

Illumina mentions all the safe stopping points in their protocol where you can freeze (-20ºC) the library and continue some other day:
    1) after end repair and size selection
    2) after adapter ligation
    3) after PCR
    be sure to perform the necessary clean-up steps before you freeze the library.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses