No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• target coverage x gene

Hi,

I have a big list of genes and I want to know the uncovered regions (0X) of each gene (WES data).

In "Genome Browser -> Tools -> Table Browser" I can give as input the gene list and in this way to obtain the coordinates of all exons. Then, I use "bcftools sort" and "bcftools merge" to have the final bed list to use with "samtools depth -a -b ...". At he end I will have the base coverage for all bases of my intervals.

Hoping that it is correct ... the point is that when I go to take all bases with 0X coverage I can not know the gene, only just the coordinates... With which command and file I can give to each coordinate the gene name?

Example of what I want:

HTML Code:
    CHR  START COV GENE
    chr1 1025  0   CFTR
    I only have the first 3 columns and I need also the last one.

Many thanks!

Hi echo manolis,
    Can you post the header of your files?
    Greetings

Comment

Hi,

#intervals_sort_merge.bed

chr7 117119991 117120226
      chr7 117144281 117144442
      chr7 117149062 117149221

#output samtools depth

chr7 117119992 0
      chr7 117119993 0
      chr7 117119994 0
      chr7 117119995 0
      Last edited by echo manolis; 01-14-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Hi! Which platform was used to generate the WES data? If it's an Ion Torrent, some time ago I made this small script for this exact purpose. It can be used with Galaxy if you like.
        If it's Ion Torrent data and you want to try it, you'd only need to provide gene names, the BAM file, the Ampliseq targets bedfile, and an annotated source (instructions are in the readme). It will return info on regions fo your genes of interest that are plainly not covered by the panel, and regions with low coverage, strand bias, and low coverage on one strand (the base parameters that can affect basecalling). It also informs you if the poorly covered region is actually within the CDS or splicing regions, or not. And it gives you an easy copy-and-paste text to check the data on IGV.

Comment

Originally posted by r.rosati View Post
          Hi! Which platform was used to generate the WES data? If it's an Ion Torrent, some time ago I made this small script for this exact purpose. It can be used with Galaxy if you like.
          If it's Ion Torrent data and you want to try it, you'd only need to provide gene names, the BAM file, the Ampliseq targets bedfile, and an annotated source (instructions are in the readme). It will return info on regions fo your genes of interest that are plainly not covered by the panel, and regions with low coverage, strand bias, and low coverage on one strand (the base parameters that can affect basecalling). It also informs you if the poorly covered region is actually within the CDS or splicing regions, or not. And it gives you an easy copy-and-paste text to check the data on IGV.
          Hi r.rosati,

thanks a lot for your reply but they are Illumina data. I was looking for the command to use and the reference list file (maybe gene names with their coordinates ...) in order to create a command for this step.

I will try your tool in the future because some times I have also Ion Torrent data, thanks for the link!

Best

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          0 responses