Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New charts for 23andme ancestry composition 22 populations worldwide

There are new charts for 23andme data based on 22 populations worldwide. You will want to take a look at new more detailed records of you world population percentages. If you have tested with 23andMe take a look at your results.

"Ancestry Composition tells you what percent of your DNA comes from each of 22 populations worldwide. The analysis includes DNA you received from all of your ancestors, on both sides of your family. The results reflect where your ancestors lived 500 years ago, before ocean-crossing ships and airplanes came on the scene."

23andMe 's long awaited Ancestry Painting 2 (now called Ancestry Composition) is finally here. I am extremely pleased with my results and th...

One of the results of this new breakout is my Asian component from past charts. I was about four percent Asian with this new information I am 5% native american and 1 % Asian component. It will be interesting to see my Geo 2.0 results to compare with 23andMe. I was hoping that Geo 2.0 would more clearly define my Asian component. Looks like now it is more native american than Asian based on 23andMe. This is consistent with my family history.

This is an interesting quote from Doug McDonald at rootsweb. He has been doing admixture programs for 23andMe data for a considerable amount of time. Below are his impressions of the new data from 23andMe.

"I have looked at 23andme's new ancestry painting and am mightily impressed.
    That's almost an understatement. Its almost identical to mine if you
    readjust my sensitivity and ignore their attempt at intra-European splits."

Doug McDonald

23andMe Guide for Composition
    23andMe explains the analysis behind the Ancestry Composition report.
    Last edited by KerryOdair; 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM. Reason: Add guide link for 23andMe ancestry composition guide
    FullGenomes Kit 045DV YFull Terminal SNP Y2846 FTDNA Kit 52277 M35>V12>CTS693>CTS3346>Y2877>CTS6667>CTS8411>Y2846 MTdna U4b1a3a

Hi Kerry,
    How far back have you been able to find a paper trail on an ancestor?

Comment

Originally posted by Joann View Post
      Hi Kerry,
      How far back have you been able to find a paper trail on an ancestor?
      Hello Joann,

My fathers Great Great grandmother was Antonia Rodriguez born in Mexico 1834 and her husband Vincente Fernandez born Santiago, Chile 1819. He was supposed to have Spanish ancestry which remains to be seen. Could have some native american as well. Francisco Rodriguez born 1789 Antonia's father also shown born in Mexico. In 23andme in terms of percentage this has always fallen in line with generational placing by 23andMe based on the results. It is easier to see the relationship based on my gedcom file.

Here are a trio of results from myself, sister and mother.
      FullGenomes Kit 045DV YFull Terminal SNP Y2846 FTDNA Kit 52277 M35>V12>CTS693>CTS3346>Y2877>CTS6667>CTS8411>Y2846 MTdna U4b1a3a

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
      • seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
      0 responses