No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samtools consensus sequence error

Dear All

I am again posting this question to the Bioinformatics forum as I didn't get the answer from the Illumina forum.

I am trying to make consensus sequences using command
    samtools mpileup -uf ref.fa aln.bam | bcftools view -cg - | vcfutils.pl vcf2fq > cns.fq.
    But i am getting this error:

[bcf_sync] incorrect number of fields (4 != 5) at 15:16294867
    [afs] 0:49470.732 1:50.052 2:33.216

Can some one help me to sort out this problem. What exactly is going wrong.

Regards

The issue seems to be in the "bcftools" step in your pipe ie. [bcf_sync].

Googling suggests two things:

1. there was an bug in previous bcftools when using "-" stdin, so maybe you have an old bcftools.

2. this occurs when you have indels, so try the mpileup "-I" option to not call indels and see if the error still occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Torst View Post
      The issue seems to be in the "bcftools" step in your pipe ie. [bcf_sync].

Googling suggests two things:

1. there was an bug in previous bcftools when using "-" stdin, so maybe you have an old bcftools.

2. this occurs when you have indels, so try the mpileup "-I" option to not call indels and see if the error still occurs.
      Dear Torst

Thank you for your reply.

1. I am using the samtools 0.1.18 version.
      2. I tried what you suggested and I didn't get the error this time but it again stops at the same point and I miss the same no. of chromosomes in the consensus sequence file e.g. when use grep to count the no. of chr in the .fq file I find the few chromosomes missing which was the same with the error also.

Regards

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses