SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to annotate vcf file using annovar? man4ish Bioinformatics 2 02-15-2015 05:30 AM
Tophat2: OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory genome1 RNA Sequencing 5 10-15-2014 07:14 AM
Tophat :OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/segment.juncs jiangs Bioinformatics 3 04-19-2014 12:12 PM
Myrna Jar file contents -- What's in un and ui directory? joeseki Bioinformatics 0 08-28-2013 08:56 AM
how to use bash script to make iterative loop through directory with two file types jddavis Bioinformatics 2 05-23-2013 08:02 AM

Old 09-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
kostask

Default Annovar no such file or directory

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Annovar so I tried to follow the Quick Start-Up Guide for table_annovar program.

Specifically I downloaded hg19 refGene database (perl annotate_variation.pl -buildver hg19 -downdb -webfrom annovar refGene humandb/) and then I used table_annovar.pl for the example data, (table_annovar.pl example/ex1.avinput humandb/ -buildver hg19 -out myanno -remove -protocol refGene -operation g -nastring . -csvout).

Everything worked fine and I got the .csv output file: "Multianno output file is written to myanno.hg19_multianno.csv"

However I cannot open the following output files:

"Output files were written to myanno.refGene.variant_function, myanno.refGene.exonic_variant_function"

and I get back a no such file or directory error.

Any idea what's happening?

I am running Cygwin in Windows 8.1 and I have installed all Perl modules.
kostask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #2
jesus garcia

Hi kostask,

If you use the -remove option (table_annovar.pl example/ex1.avinput humandb/ -buildver hg19 -out myanno -remove -protocol refGene -operation g -nastring . -csvout) the several files that was created to obtain the results will be deleted. This happens with the files you ask for, if you want to conserve these, you need remove this option.

Hope this help you,
jesus garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:55 AM   #3
kostask

Thanks jesus garcia, it works fine now!
kostask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annovar, cygwin, error