Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacBio software vcf and consensus fasta do not agree

I'm using PacBio's "variantCaller" tool (v6) to call variants on some older RSII subread data I aligned with blasr. The reference is 14845 bp.

My variantCaller command is:

Code:
    variantCaller --algorithm arrow --log-file variantCaller.log --annotateGFF --reportEffectiveCoverage --noEvidenceConsensusCall lowercasereference --minCoverage 40 --coverage 100 --minMapQV 40 --minConfidence 10 --minReadScore 0.75 --minSnr 3.75 --minZScore -3.5 --minAccuracy 0.82  --numWorkers 5 -r ref.fa -o 129C02-vs-ref.fa.sort.vcf -o 129C02-vs-ref.fa.sort.gff -o 129C02-vs-ref.fa.sort.fasta -o 129C02-vs-ref.fa.sort.fastq 129C02-vs-ref.fa.sort.bam
    Now it is my understanding that the fasta (and fastq) output this command should reflect the differences between the reference and the reads as reported in the vcf output.

My vcf file reports:

Code:
    #CHROM  POS     ID      REF     ALT     QUAL    FILTER  INFO
    ref    11438   .       CA      C       25      PASS    DP=100
    However when I align the reference and this fasta output 2 1-bp deletions are observed. One is the deletion in the vcf. The other is several thousand base pairs away and is not called by variantCaller.

This, of course, is very disturbing. Can you explain this?

Thanks for your help

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
  • seqadmin
    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
0 responses