No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining gene sets for GSEA

Hi All,

I work with Bacillus subtilis and I want to perform some GSEA on an RNA-seq data set. Looking at the literature, I've seen that it is very much possible to do this. I know that gene sets can be constructed as well, but I'm not super great at automation and it seems like it would require a massive amount of time to do something like that manually.

In some of the literature I've read, I've seen that gene sets could be obtained from KEGG. However, browsing the website, I'm not certain how gene sets could be extracted from KEGG.

Can anyone help me in figuring out how to obtain gene sets for GSEA?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure what you have now. But if you have a list of differentially expressed genes with their fold change, such as the results from edgeR or DESeq2 package, I think the package `clusterProfiler` is good for you to do GO/GESA/KEGG directly. You could find their detailed manual here -> http://yulab-smu.top/clusterProfiler-book/chapter1.html.

best

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
    • seqadmin
      The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
      by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
      02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
    0 responses