SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: RNA-Seq and find: entering the RNA deep field. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 11-25-2011 02:00 AM
RNA-Seq: Comparative Analysis of RNA-Seq Alignment Algorithms and the RNA-Seq Unified Newsbot! Literature Watch 3 07-31-2011 07:08 PM
RNA-Seq: A multiplex RNA-seq strategy to profile poly(A(+)) RNA: Application to analy Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-26-2011 04:00 AM
RNA-Seq: ExpEdit: a web server to explore human RNA editing in RNA-Seq experiments. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-24-2011 02:10 AM
RNA-Seq: Meiosis-specific gene discovery in plants: RNA-seq applied to isolated Arabi Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-21-2010 02:00 AM

Old 06-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
sanush

Default DE calculation for RNA Seq

Hi all
I am analyzing RNA seq data for DE. We have 2 groups (control & treatment) and sample in each group. We have calculated the RPKM values but not sure how to calculate the Fold change between groups. I was trying to find ratio using the RPKM values but we find huge up or down regulation when the rpkm values between the group are extreme values. Here is an example

Control Treated Ratio
Gene A 1.82836 2.57E-09 = 1.41E-09

In this case the read count for the treatment count is very low when compared to the control. I am not a bioinformatics person so maybe someone could help explaining how to calculate the FC.

Thanks in advance
Sanush
sanush is offline   Reply With Quote