Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reference transcripts missing after cuffmerge

I ran cufflinks on my rna-seq samples and then ran cuffmerge with the -g (reference gtf) and -s (reference sequence) options, which I thought would merge all of the reference transcripts with my cufflinks files. However, when I run cuffcompare on this merged gtf vs the reference gtf, the merged gtf is missing a number of transcripts. Does anyone know why?
    Thanks

What do you mean by 'the merged gtf missing a number of transcripts' ?
    Can you describe what you did in detail?
    Specifically -- In what order did you run cufflinks/cuffmerge/cuffcompare, and with what options / input files for each process.

Comment

I first ran cufflinks on each sample with the following command:
      Code:
      cufflinks -p 16 -u -g $gencode_gtf -b $gencode_fasta -M $gencode_rRNA --library-type fr-firststrand sample1.bam

cufflinks -p 16 -u -g $gencode_gtf -b $gencode_fasta -M $gencode_rRNA --library-type fr-firststrand sample2.bam
      This produced a transcripts.gtf file for sample1 and a transcripts.gtf file for sample2.

I then ran cuffmerge with the following command:
      Code:
      cuffmerge -g $gencode_gtf -s $gencode_fasta assembly-gtf.txt
      where assembly-gtf.txt contained the path to sample1 and sample2 transcripts.gtf

I then got a merged.gtf file. I wanted to see how many novel transcripts I found between these two samples compared to the reference assembly so I ran cuffcompare with the following command:
      Code:
      cuffcompare -r $genocde_gtf -s $gencode_fasta merged.gtf
      When I look at the stats it lists a number of missed exons and a number of missed loci.

Comment

cuffmerge with -g <ref> merges transcripts from different samples, and then merges these transcipts with known transcripts. No reference transcript is included if it is not detected in any of your samples.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses