Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
    Yep - "trd" can be used on the fasta file prior to mapping, or the parameter "trd" can be added during mapping. However, once the reads are mapped, Reformat will not change the "rname" field of the sam file, just the "qname". That's a good idea, though - I'll change it so that it can do that.
    If you are going to add that is there a way to make it act only on the genome name (with a new option name for reformat).

I would not want to lose the R1/R2 information in read headers, if trd takes out all things after first space.
    Last edited by GenoMax; 12-15-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      If you are going to add that is there a way to make it act only on the genome name (with a new option name for reformat).

I would not want to lose the R1/R2 information in read headers, if trd takes out all things after first space.
      Unfortunately, the sam specification does not allow retaining R1/R2 information anyway, because R1 and R2 are required to have the same name. You can override this in BBMap with the flag "keepnames", which I find very helpful in a lot of situations, but bear in mind that the result is not a spec-compliant sam/bam file.

Currently, "trd" in BBMap trims after the whitespace for both reads and ref sequences. I guess I could add an option to do them independently, and a similar flag for Reformat.

Comment

@Brian, @GenoMax,
        Thanks for all the clarification. It's very helpful.
        It turned out my original issue was solely caused by the descripancy in the genome name. The latest version of featureCounts can recognize CIGARs from samtools v1.4. I heared that from Wei and did a test run. It worked.

Comment

Great to hear; thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses