Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runAnalysisFilter on GS Junior computer

I have been unable to get the runAnalysisFilter command working on the computer that runs our GS Junior.

Has anybody successfully run this (pg 20 of the 454 Sequencing System Software Manual, v2.5 Part B) on a computer that is attached to a Junior with default software set-up?

(I have seen posts about Flex results and GS Junior results reanalyzed, but it isn't specified whether the runAnalysisFilter commands were carried out on an attached or stand-alone computer and whether Flex or GS Junior software was used for the reanalysis).

Thanks
    SABC

How did you use the command?

Comment

As far as I am aware exactly as written in the 454 Sequencing System Software manual, v2.5 part B on page 20 (except that I added a space between the runAnalysisFilter and the --pipe as the manual has a typo).

Briefly, navigate to the relevant D_fullProcessing folder, open a command line and use the gsRunProcessor --template=filterOnly > filterTemplate.xml command to generate the quality filter template xml file (left it unmodified to prevent errors creeping in)

went up to the parent R folder and used
      runAnalysisFilter --pipe=filterTemplate.xml D_fullProcessing

command. I also tried running the command with absolute paths specified, checking at each point that the names were typed correctly by tabbing to complete them.

gsRunProcessorManager launched gsRunProcessor and the xml file was briefly accessed (at least the time stamp was updated according to stat command) but the gsRunProcessorManager.log file in /var/log showed an error message about the pipe being unknown.

I just want to confirm that it is possible to get it to work on the GS Junior attendant PC before spending any more time on it.

Comment

runAnalysisFilter on GS Junior computer

This should only take 2 steps (see attached jpg)/
        Attached Files

Comment

After 2 months I finally managed to convince Roche to send me some files so that I could compare them with mine and it turns out that there is an error in the XML templates exported by my system.

Of all things, it is a comment in the XML templates, "--pipe=", that breaks the XML file. When edited to read "pipe=" instead as per the file tech support sent me, the runAnalysisFilter works like a charm.

This must be a known bug, probably with a known patch, as the templates exported by the tech support computer are fine.

In case it is relevant to other peoples' systems, ours was installed in August 2010 and we had the Ebox replaced in October 2010. gsRunProcessor version is 2.5 without patch 1.
          Last edited by SABC; 08-18-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Our EBox went last week from the machine we got in March. Now the valve block has gone.

Comment

Dear SABC,
              I need a refernce paramter filtering for 454 Data.
              Can you mail me a copy of filterTemplate.xml pre and post changes .
              I will be very thankful for the same.
              Regards,
              Ganga Jeena

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses