SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FFPE RNA library prep and capture cah RNA Sequencing 2 06-23-2015 04:54 PM
454 Library prep for limited sample TonyBrooks Sample Prep / Library Generation 6 09-19-2012 08:12 AM
Sample Prep for NGS Library addyblanch Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 08-30-2012 06:08 AM
Sample/library prep of DNA and RNA in a metagenomic sample chrisaw01 Metagenomics 1 05-05-2011 01:59 PM
small DNA sample library prep vlee2 454 Pyrosequencing 3 05-22-2009 11:55 AM

Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
seq-ngs

Default Library Prep for FFPE Sample

I posted this in a different forum but I think this one is more appropriate

I am designing several cancer panels to run on the MiSeq. Each panel consists of 600-800 amplicons - approximately 150 bp each. What I am pondering right now is the library prep method to use. There are 5 main options:

1. Illumina - TSCA
2. Life Tech - AmpliSeq
3. Agilent - Haloplex
4. NuGen
5. Qiagen

We deal with formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) samples that are degraded and often of low DNA quantity/quality. I like Ampliseq better than TSCA because it is multiplex PCR rather than probe hybridization (like Illumina) but don't want to run Ampliseq on the MiSeq because the Life Tech people seem not to like that. Any thoughts on a good library prep method from the choices above for FFPE samples? Thanks so much for any input.
seq-ngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
jenserichsen

Hello seq-ngs - my name is Jens Erichsen with Kapa Biosystems. Would you be interested in looking at Kapa's offering for library construction? Our Hyper Prep Kit has been demonstrated to work particularly well with FFPE DNA. Please send me an email - jens.erichsen@kapabiosystems.com - and we can talk further. I look foward to hearing from you. - Jens
jenserichsen is offline   Reply With Quote