Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hydnazul View Post
    Hellohttp://seqanswers.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif, I am new to genomic practice but we want to test the Nextera XT protocol to obtain a genomic library of a plant (the reference genome is approximately 750Mb), and I have several basic doubts: in what step should I add the acetate of potassium? At what concentration was the potassium acetate solution? How many microliters did you use per sample? Thanks for your help!
    Hi,
    potassium acetate was/is used just to replace the Tris-HCl as tagmentation buffer and it´s used at the same conc (10 mM for the 1x). After trying many different tagmentation buffers we noticed that there is no dramatic difference between TAPS, Tris-HCl, KOAc and HEPES, as long as the conc is 10 mM, the pH around 7.5-8.5 and you have 5 mM MgCl2 (1x).
    Best,
    Simone

Comment

Originally posted by hydnazul View Post
      Please I am interisting in this modification for Nextera XT. Whay is exact protocolo for this?
      I refer you to our detailed protocol published in:
      Picelli et al., Genome Research 2014, "Tn5 transposase and tagmentation procedures for massively scaled sequencing projects.".
      Let me know if you need additional info or have specific questions!
      Best,
      Simone

Comment

Hi Simone,

Have you ever noticed a tendency for the Tn5 transposase to aggregate after elution from the chitin resin? The protein looks like the correct size on denaturing SDS-PAGE but when I look at it through SEC-MALS for molecular weight, the protein appears to be severely aggregated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chalk View Post
          Hi Simone,

Have you ever noticed a tendency for the Tn5 transposase to aggregate after elution from the chitin resin? The protein looks like the correct size on denaturing SDS-PAGE but when I look at it through SEC-MALS for molecular weight, the protein appears to be severely aggregated.
          Hi,
          we never checked MW with SEC_MALS, just by regular gel. In general if the protein was eluted then it was functional. In the beginning we were losing it in the earlier steps (in inclusion bodies) but if that would happen you wouldn´t see it coming off the column. I guess you have tried to do the tagmentation and it didn´t work, right?
          Sorry, right now I don´t have a better idea of what might be wrong!
          /Simone

Comment

Originally posted by Simone78 View Post
            Hi,
            we never checked MW with SEC_MALS, just by regular gel. In general if the protein was eluted then it was functional. In the beginning we were losing it in the earlier steps (in inclusion bodies) but if that would happen you wouldn´t see it coming off the column. I guess you have tried to do the tagmentation and it didn´t work, right?
            Sorry, right now I don´t have a better idea of what might be wrong!
            /Simone
            The relatively high concentrations of Triton-X 100 could be interfering with the light scattering... as long as the enzyme is active, then thats really all that matters. Simone, I'm curious if you ever tested eluting the Tn5 at lower detergent concentrations, we've found that the high concentration of detergent, coupled to the fact that it can't be dialyzed away and also tends to get concentrated during Amicon concentration makes it difficult to determine the protein concentration accurately... again, I realize that activity is the metric that matters at the end of the day. Do you have a sense as to whether there is a critical Triton concentration that is required to keep the transposase soluble?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses