Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help for RNA-seq data analysis using Cufflinks

Hi, I am a very fresh man in analyzing the RNA-seq results; my questions are may be too long, but I really appreciate any of the helps.
    Basically, we are comparing gene expression changes and I decided to use Cufflinks pipline for this purpose. Please first help to go through our procedure:
    1) RNA-seq data from Illumina;
    2) TOPHAT alignment to produce SAM files;
    3) Cufflinks package to process SAM to estimate the gene expression levels;

Secondly, I have questions about annotation reference file,
    1) where I could get it? I heard it is GTF format, and I already got a file from UCSC table browser, and I chose total human all mRNA for my case, is this right way?
    2) Cufflinks has the option using annotation reference, so I could use GTF file I got from UCSC?
    3) I read some threads here, and it seems Cufflinks contains some reference file itself?
    4)could I easily get expression results referred with Gene ID/Symbol? Should I use Cuffcompare or Cuffdiff for my purpose to compare expression changes of genes in different samples.

Millions millions thanks!

Regarding the annotation file:

1)-2) you can get a Cufflinks-usable annotation file from ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/current_gtf/
    4) yes, you will get gene symbols if they are in the annotation file. Use cuffdiff for looking at differential expression

Comment

Thanks!

To keep consistence, we are using hg18 for alignment, and I tried to find that in the link you provide, not good luck; so possibly, could i get the link to it...
      thanks!

Comment

I see. I guess you probably want this one, then:

ftp://ftp.ensembl.org/pub/release-54/gtf/homo_sapiens/

(NCBI36 assembly = hg18)

Comment

Yes, I got V36 for that and also this... should be the same I guess; Thanks a lot!
          BTW: Tomorrow is a big day for Royal Family UK, hehe

Hello Bogdan,

The best way to download the USCS genes table in GTF format would be to
          use the table browser. After selecting your assembly of interest select:

group: Genes and Gene Prediction Tracks
          track: UCSC Genes
          table: knownGene
          output format: "GTF - gene transfer format"

Then select "gzip compressed" and make sure you enter a name for the
          output file (note that if you leave this field blank the browser will
          try to return all of this information in your browser window and it may
          stall or crash).

Regards,

Pauline Fujita
          UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
            by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
            05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
          • seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
          0 responses