Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rRNA removal kit for RNA-Seq

EPICENTRE’s new Ribo-Zero™ rRNA Removal Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) removes >99% of the 28S, 18S, and 5.8S and >95% of the 5S rRNA from both intact and partially degraded human, mouse, and rat total RNA preparations. RNA-Seq of libraries prepared from partially degraded human reference RNA treated with the Ribo-Zero Kit showed that only 2% of the reads mapped to rRNA sequences, as compared to 63% with a competitive rRNA reduction kit.

For more information, see the product page, or PM me if you're interested in evaluating the kit with other eukaryotic species.

Thanks!
    Connect with Epicentre: Facebook | Twitter

Have you tried this kit with much smaller input amounts of RNA? Could you use <=100ng of input RNA like the DSN protocol which Illumina has?

Comment

Although the current kit is not configured specifically for low input, we do have customers who have scaled the protocol for use with ~50 ng total RNA. You would need additional spin filters since you're processing more samples than the kit was designed for, but it will work.

Comment

Is it possible to use this kit for Drosophila melanogaster mRNA purification?

Comment

Although we have not tried it with Drosophila, it should work. If you're interested in trying it, please PM me and I can arrange for an evaluation kit.

Comment

Is there a protocol that can couple bacterial and human rRNA removal from a total RNA prep?

Comment

You could run one round of the Human/Mouse/Rat rRNA removal procedure, followed by one round of the bacterial (Gram-negative) procedure. However, the results will be affected by the relative amounts of bacterial and human RNA in your samples.

Comment

This product looks good. I would like to give it a try. What is the method based on?

Comment

It's a proprietary hybridization-based method that is designed to remove rRNA from both intact and fragmented (partially degraded) total RNA.

Comment

Great. I am interested in evaluating the kit with my sample. Is there any way to mix the Ribozero for human and bacteria (both gram positive and gram negative) in one step to minimize mRNA degradation due to handling?

Comment

We haven't tested a mix, but should be theoretically possible if you know the relative amounts of human vs. bacterial RNA in your samples.

Comment

I'm very interested in the kit. We have tried RiboMinus from invitrogen before. The removal effect was not satisfying. Can I have an evaluation kit for human samples? Thank you!

Comment

Please contact me using the link in my profile and I'd be happy to set you up with the evaluation program. Thank you.

Comment

Hello.

Can I use this kit whit Cyanobacteria?? Someone probe it??

Comment

We have not tested the kit with Cyanobacteria.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                              0 responses