Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOAP2 (SOAPaligner) -v option

Our team use SOAP2 to align our read data (human sample).

During the processing situation, I found that -v option value has no effect to the result & execution time of alignment.

Here the command usage we wrote.

soap -v 4 -a $INPUT_FILE -D $REFERENCE_FILE -o $TMP_FILE

soap2sam.pl $TMP_FILE 1> $OUTPUT_FILE

We tried to change the -v option value from 0 to 3, but after the soap program is completed we found that the result has the same mapping results.

By googling about the -v option of SOAP2, we've been told we should use -M option combination with -v option (http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2411)

But It seems that the value 1, and 2 of -M option doesn't have the exactly same meaning with "ALLOWED NUMBER OF MISMATCH" but "ONLY THE ALIGNMENT WHICH HAS # MISMATCH(ES)".

-M <int> match mode for each read or the seed part of read, which shouldn't contain more than 2 mismaches, [4]
    0: exact match only
    1: 1 mismatch match only
    2: 2 mismatch match only
    4: find the best hits

I feel this problem cannot be handled by myself, so I need your explanation or comments.

What can I do to get the alignment outputs which have differenct number of allowed mismatches?

Sincerely.
    Last edited by hosang.jeon; 02-23-2012, 07:43 PM. Reason: I wrote a question but I posted it.

Yes please more info on this topic is really necessary.
    what I was told it to use the seed value in -l so then the mismaches will be used from -v

I just found this: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...ap/a-a_Ydmg2r8

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses