Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• target enrichment for resequencing using Ion Torrent

Hi, first time posting here and I'm not sure if this goes in here. Please let me know if this should be somewhere else or if this question has already been asked before (I've tried looking through the rest of the site but couldn't find anything).

I'm planning on using the Ion Torrent PGM with 316 chip for a targeted resequencing experiment with a very large target region. I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to enrich the targeted region and am sitting on the fence with Ion TargetSeq and SureSelect but for the meantime, would like to try a quick run of the lab's new Ion Torrent PGM to try to find out how to work the thing (no one in the lab has any NGS experience).

I'm looking to enrich a region that's nearly 145kb using Long-range PCR for the time being but am unsure if this is a good idea and have a load of other questions as well...

For example, I'm looking into selecting a good LR-PCR polymerase and have a few candidates in mind (KOD FX NEO, Expand 20kb PLus PCR System from Roche...etc) but I've realized that they all need different amounts of genomic DNA template. KOD FX NEO states that they recommend 50ng of genomic DNA template while Expand 20kb PLUS states a recommened final concentration of 250ng - 500ng)..does anyone know why the difference is so huge?

Thanks and apologies for the long post

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses