Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library QC- cntrl loci enrichment doesn't match pre and post library generation

Hi all- my first post, so please be kind if I miss some expected content.

Why doesn't my post amplification enrichments match my pre amplification enrichments?

To check the quality of my recently generated libraries from ChIP, I performed qPCR on positive and negative control loci. However, the levels of enrichment no longer look like what they did on the unamplified/pre library DNA. For some the trend is correct, but not for others.

This was a well validated ChIP for histone marks.
    Fragment size of IP-DNA ~200bp and library ~300bp confirmed via Bioanalyzer.
    I made a library for both the input and the IP-DNA.
    Pre library- I used equal vol of DNA per qPCR reaction.
    Post library- I used equal concentrations of DNA per qPCR reaction.
    quantification via Qubit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm not sure if people normally do this even. Thanks!

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses