Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haig View Post
    For the same coverage in high quality reads will the input amount in raw reads affect the correction? Does pacbioToCA correct raw reads independently?

I typically run with a single fastq from 2-4 filtered SMRTcells with 50X-100X of high quality correction reads followed by assembly.
    I don't really understand what you mean by "high quality correction reads". One thing is the quality: the per-position-quality in a read can be good, but it does not mean that the nucleotide placed there by the PacBio polymerase is the correct (actually it achieves ~80% accuracy). You have to correct the filtered reads (those with length and quality good enough, filtered usually by your provider) using either Illumina (or other) or, if you used C2 technology for your PacBio sequencing, the filtered reads themselfs.

For the latter, you can follow this tutorial:
    Download Whole-Genome Shotgun Assembler for free. Celera Assembler (CA) is a whole-genome shotgun (WGS) assembler for the reconstruction of genomic DNA sequence from WGS sequencing data.

Comment

No fasta file from pacBioToCA

So I resolved the run time issue for my data with the pacbio spec file you posted, but I only get a .frg file out from my pacBioToCA correction (no .fasta or .qual). I'm assuming it has finished doing its thing? I find it really peculiar that I'm not getting the other output files. Any thoughts as to what might be going on?

Related question: which subdirectories does pacBioToCA create? Sometimes it skips making the 0-mercounts directory and sometimes it doesn't...

(For the assembly I've just put in the .frg file that came out of pacBioToCA and I'm going to see what comes out of celera and check if something weird is happening from that.)
      Last edited by sdsouza3; 11-20-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses