No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy smallRNA Analysis help

Hi,
    I've been playing with Galaxy lately to do my data analysis for smallRNA (Illumina).
    I think I'm getting what I want but I'm stuck at a certain point.
    Here are the tools/workflow I have used:
    1. FastQC (to check quality)
    2. Clip (to trim off 3' adapter sequence)
    3. Sickle (to discard any bad quality sequences)
    4. MiRDeep2 mapper to collapse the reads from Sickle (seems to just make the sickle file compatible with MiRDeep2 Quantifier)
    5. MiRDeep 2 Quantifier to map the collapsed reads to the reference fasta file of mature miRNA.
    *Result is a list of miRNA in a tabular format
    -Next I want to convert this file to a file compatible with edgeR for differential expression analysis. Any thoughts on how to do this? Any known tools?
    -Also, there is one other tool: MiRDeep2 (identification of novel and known miRNAs). I can't for the life of me figure out if this tool is more useful or if I should be using this one instead of Quantifier however the output when I use this tool is not giving me the miRNA list I would expect. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!!

hi,
    does mirdeep provide you with a list of counts for each miRNA? if not, i guess it gives at least the genomic coordinates of your miRNAs, so you can make it as bedfile or gff file and use it to extract read counts with betools or other tools on your bam file. The bed file you need it anyway for edgeR
    Then you just extract the coloumn with the counts in a new txt file and give to edgeR lie this
    counts <- read.delim("counts.txt")

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I'm just getting back to trying to figure this out.
      I get a list of counts (see attached image) for each miRNA when mapping to the mature fasta file downloaded from miRbase. These aren't necessarily assigned to regions in the genome however, just miRNA names. This is a tabular file. It seems like edgeR wants me to combine all my lists(samples and replicates) together into a matrix type tabular file. Do you know of a tool to do this easily? Will edgeR accept these counts if not assigned to a position in the genome and just a name? Any help is appreciated. Thx!
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses